[ITRDBFOR] AGU Fall Meeting session - 'Climate of the Common Era'

  • From: "Anchukaitis, Kevin J - (kanchukaitis)" <kanchukaitis AT email.arizona.edu>
  • To: ITRDB Forum <itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org>
  • Subject: [ITRDBFOR] AGU Fall Meeting session - 'Climate of the Common Era'
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 14:47:37 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1;spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=email.arizona.edu;dmarc=pass action=none header.from=email.arizona.edu;dkim=pass header.d=email.arizona.edu;arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=LUuK177h9E4zwHfRWi0N5lNTXFTZqOScohcy+HYtNDE=; b=hBAXvCNKYd8CY7y1MlJLxsG14pB+zuqSK4vOnrX3b/3oz6YwYHcUANmdPukpZpxv2LCcHUKX2kbG1xI3Zrbz7YEJrMcLZ/PDvwwdXufFesV3aurCMnh5Lw7ZjdvbHr48E/2tO7Y8BivIuhTjTl+HZMaMq7h/cFsbOp9d7duuuLGZWe1wdxuIdoL/uLeznZ5R8xoCIg7L3coF1DDJKQ8LybrrEX4B9LbjTmzrd0lDAlO6QNof016QC+gsJuhT0tuOLb52adrsPaDGTh6V1w1klmIWFRt+ngTp9OBEFlCDc7s0YjO98uJ4hbFSzlVPiNIi04dT/EL696UPrxajBkCkTQ==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=C7HjXbLytqkICGCk3b/82Y+uXYb4HLPT+mo2j/nRGcuESh2QdbzD1R7TOei0qKE+YhqLkv9IsIlTUya50/EHUdiAWvdBwLPJkD9hSWaauIc/nBSkBpnKkPVJsPI8LQ0dhODXS4N7hKtGpeo0XWFpv5DXVBlqtKK9vTi7+9BGZ6ePllvvVCCfZiZW8olj2ImKE6IRCuQh9M/TGQZuvLd+jGyxnmfzGeWNXA236FoohloXSDOYuLRtppMKwzZhl5xc2YJJkdw6teCJa3ROs7NqpAN4iZ5ow7noyd9Xgsdb5FyhWFH8mh5XQMKpBLUapMJIPEmVTNizA1+NOuOgrwdhUA==

Dear tree-ring colleagues,

This is the 10th year that we’ll be convening the 'Climate of the Common Era'
session at the American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting. The meeting is
back in San Francisco this year (https://www2.agu.org/en/Fall-Meeting).

In addition to welcoming a wide range of papers on climate reconstructions,
proxy system modeling, and paleoclimate modeling, this year we also
particularly encourage contributions that highlight the last decade of
research and progress on all aspects of the climate of the last 2000 years.

The details are below and the abstract deadline is July 31st - we hope you’ll
join us in San Francisco!

PP008: Climate of the Common Era
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm19/prelim.cgi/Session/78289
Conveners: Kevin J Anchukaitis, Kim M Cobb, Edward R Cook, and Jason E Smerdon

This session marks the 10th anniversary of the Climate of the Common Era
session and highlights the last decade of research on all aspects of the
climate of the last 2000 years. Contributions that synthesize the last decade
of advances in our understanding of past climate during the Common Era are
particularly welcome and encouraged. This session will focus on the progress
that has been made in improving our understanding of the climate system
through the development and analysis of new proxies and reconstructions,
progress and challenges in data syntheses, advances in methodologies and
proxy system modeling, and the newest generation of paleoclimate model
simulations.

AGU 2019 Abstract submission:
https://www2.agu.org/en/Fall-Meeting/Pages/Submit-an-abstract

cheers,
Kevin, on behalf of Kim, Jason, and Ed

--
Kevin J. Anchukaitis
Associate Professor, School of Geography and Development
| http://www.u.arizona.edu/~kanchukaitis/

  • [ITRDBFOR] AGU Fall Meeting session - 'Climate of the Common Era', Anchukaitis, Kevin J - (kanchukaitis), 07/11/2019