[ITRDBFOR] NEW DEADLINE: [Forests] - Special Issue "Dieback on Drought-prone Forest Ecosystems"

  • From: Raul Sanchez Salguero <rsanchez AT upo.es>
  • To: Luis Matías <lmatias AT ujaen.es>, Jesus Julio Camarero <jjcamarero AT ipe.csic.es>
  • Subject: [ITRDBFOR] NEW DEADLINE: [Forests] - Special Issue "Dieback on Drought-prone Forest Ecosystems"
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2019 09:53:38 +0200

Dear colleagues,

The open access journal Forests (new IF 2.116, 17/67 in ‘Forestry’) (ISSN 1999-4907) is currently running a special issue entitled " Dieback on Drought-prone Forest Ecosystems ". As we are acting as guest editors for this issue, we would like to welcome contributions from various disciplines. We kindly invite you to consider submitting your full paper to this special issue.

Special Issue Website:

https://www.mdpi.com/journal/forests/special_issues/Dieback_Drought

New extended submission Deadline: 25 October 2019

This Special Issue of Forests calls to join efforts to improve our understanding on how ecosystems respond to changes in climate and which functional or structural traits make some species more prone to dieback and mortality episodes. We propose multidisciplinary contributions using varied disciplines such as ecophysiology, functional ecology, forest pathology, dendroecology, remote sensing and modelling. Authors should address ecological and management aspects, including mitigation and adaptation to the environmental risks globally faced by forests. Contributions including experimental, observational as well as theoretical studies are welcome for any biomes or scale.

At the moment, about 5 papers have already signed up for this special issue, and several other authors have expressed their interest. If you are interested in our special issue, please feel free to contact us, or submit your manuscripts at http://susy.mdpi.com/user/register

Also, authors are encouraged to send a short abstract or tentative title to the Editorial Office in advance (forests AT mdpi.com) and please keep us posted.

Forests is fully open access. Open access (unlimited and free access by readers) increases publicity and promotes more frequent citations, as indicated by several studies. Open access is supported by the authors' fees and their institutes. The Editorial team offered discounts depending on the quality of the research. Please contact assistant editors regarding this issue (danae.yu AT mdpi.com, forests AT mdpi.com)

Feel free to contact us of the Editorial Office at: forests AT mdpi.com if you would have any questions.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Raúl Sánchez-Salguero

Luis Matias

J. Julio Camarero

Guest Editors

--

**********************************

Dr. Raúl Sánchez-Salguero
Assistant Professor-Researcher (Pro.Ay.Dr.)
Dpto. Sistemas Físicos, Químicos y Naturales
Universidad Pablo de Olavide
Ctra.Utrera Km 1, 41013
Ed. 22, 4ª pl., Desp. 1c
Sevilla, SPAIN
Phone: +34 954349535
Fax: +34 954977305
Email: rsanchez AT upo.es

  • [ITRDBFOR] NEW DEADLINE: [Forests] - Special Issue "Dieback on Drought-prone Forest Ecosystems", Raul Sanchez Salguero, 07/02/2019