[ITRDBFOR] Drying Cellulose for Stable Isotopic Analysis

  • From: Jennifer Baron <jbaron7 AT uwo.ca>
  • To: "itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org" <itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org>
  • Subject: [ITRDBFOR] Drying Cellulose for Stable Isotopic Analysis
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 19:51:30 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Dear colleagues,

We are currently working on a project using stable isotopes (𝛿13C and 𝛿18O) in tree-ring cellulose and are looking for opinions on freeze-drying versus air drying versus oven drying (post cellulose-extraction, pre-isotopic analysis) with respect to consequences for the preservation of cellulose isotopic compositions. To the best of my knowledge, there is no published literature comparing these methods.

Thanks,

Jen Baron

Laboratory for Stable Isotope Science

The University of Western Ontario

London, ON, Canada

  • [ITRDBFOR] Drying Cellulose for Stable Isotopic Analysis, Jennifer Baron, 06/04/2019