[ITRDBFOR] Tree damage due to root sampling for erosion studies?

  • From: Alexander Stewart <astewart AT stlawu.edu>
  • To: "itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org" <itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org>
  • Subject: [ITRDBFOR] Tree damage due to root sampling for erosion studies?
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 13:38:08 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

Happy New Year all,

I have a student preparing a fellowship grant for this coming summer and we are wanting to work with exposed roots here on our campus associated with trail use/erosion.  Sampling is destructive by cutting cookies; do you have any papers/advice on the damage this will cause the tree?

I am suspecting the reviewing committee will have questions, so am wanting to have it answered in the fellowship proposal.

Sincerely,

Alexander K. Stewart, PhD, USA (ret)

Associate Professor and Chair

Department of Geology

St. Lawrence University
Canton, NY  13617

315-229-5087

  • [ITRDBFOR] Tree damage due to root sampling for erosion studies?, Alexander Stewart, 01/09/2019