[ITRDBFOR] Closure of the Hamburg Dendro Lab

  • From: Tomasz Ważny <twazny AT umk.pl>
  • To: itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org
  • Subject: [ITRDBFOR] Closure of the Hamburg Dendro Lab
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2018 00:42:12 +0100

Dear Dendro-Friends from near and far,

Our Hamburg Dendro Lab will be closed down on January 1st, 2019 !
The reasons for it are Sigrid’s retirement and Thuenen-Institute’s lacking of interest in our research. After Dieter’s retirement in 2004, Sigrid‘s dendro-dating work was the guarantee for our lab to survive for another 14 years.
The Thuenen-Institute is an institution under the right of the Federal Republic of Germany, whereas historical research is a cultural task for the counties such as Schleswig-Holstein and Hamburg. Both counties are willing, but a contract is not yet signed. Hopefully on March 1st, 2019 the dendro lab will continue in Schleswig, Archaeological Museum Schloss Gottorf.
Now it is time to say good-bye, thanks for all the years of mutual trusting and of constructive co-operation.
We both love dendrochronology as you are doing, and we wish you to go on working with scientific enthusiasm, patience, and fun!
All the best to all of you

Dieter Eckstein + Sigrid Wrobel

  • [ITRDBFOR] Closure of the Hamburg Dendro Lab, Tomasz Ważny, 12/06/2018