[ITRDBFOR] Inaugural Florence Hawley Ellis Diversity Award winner

  • From: Neil Pederson <neilpederson AT fas.harvard.edu>
  • To: itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org
  • Subject: [ITRDBFOR] Inaugural Florence Hawley Ellis Diversity Award winner
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 13:08:45 -0400
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

 Hello All,

  On behalf of the Hawley Award committee, it is my pleasure to announce that Soumaya Belmecheir of the University of Arizona is the inaugural Florence Hawley Ellis Diversity Award winner. We were deeply impressed by her research, outreach, and efforts to communicate our science. Soumaya will be giving the first Florence Hawley Ellis Diversity Award lecture at WorldDendro at Bhutan in June 2018: http://www.geog.cam.ac.uk/events/worlddendro2018/

 We are still raising funds to support this Hawley Award. Please consider donating to the Hawley award through the Tree-Ring Society web page: https://www.treeringsociety.org/page-18173

 Please write, "Hawley Diversity Award” in the notes box on the donation page linked immediately above. Our goal is $2000. We currently have received at least $200 toward the Hawley award. Only $1800 USD to go. However, if we clear this goal, the Tree-Ring Community could assist the runner[s] up in travel to WorldDendro. I sincerely hope that we can surpass $2000. Show your support. Donate early and often!

 Sincerely, on behalf of the committee,
 Neil, Valerie Trouet, Patrick Baker, Amy Hessl, Elaine Sutherland, Xiaohua Gou, and Kathelyn Paredes

---------
Neil Pederson
Harvard Forest
Harvard University
324 North Main St.
Petersham, MA 01366

http://harvardforest.fas.harvard.edu
(O) 978.756.6141
(L) 978.756.6143

 neilpederson AT fas.harvard.edu
http://broadleafpapers.wordpress.com/
@yellowbuckeye

  • [ITRDBFOR] Inaugural Florence Hawley Ellis Diversity Award winner, Neil Pederson, 09/11/2017