[ITRDBFOR] Outreach request for materials

  • From: Gagen M.H. <m.h.gagen AT swansea.ac.uk>
  • To: "itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org" <itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org>
  • Subject: [ITRDBFOR] Outreach request for materials
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 08:00:23 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US

Dear colleagues,

We recently ran a small hands-on  exhibition about dendro as part of a pop up science centre http://www.orielscience.co.uk/ .  ‘Telling Time with Tree’s had cookies and cores from around the world and people could learn about palaeoclimate and dendro methods.

We’re now taking the ‘Telling Time with Trees’ exhibition over to its new home in Borneo’s Rainforest Discovery Centre (http://www.forest.sabah.gov.my/rdc/) where it will provide a learning experience for local school children. This is a call for donations of disks, and an accompanying couple of paragraphs of info, that people might be able to contribute to the exhibition (you will be generously acknowledged and thanked but we can’t pay you anything sorry!)

We would love to include material from every continent in the exhibition, any donations of disks from the Americas, Australasia and India would be especially welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Mary

Dr Mary Gagen

Associate Professor

Department of Geography

Swansea University

Singleton Park

Swansea, SA2 8PP

T: +44 1792 602501

E: m.h.gagen AT swansea.ac.uk

Swansea Science for Schools Scheme: http://www.swansea.ac.uk/science/businessandcommunityengagement/s4/

Oriel Science: orielscience.co.uk

  • [ITRDBFOR] Outreach request for materials, Gagen M . H ., 08/29/2017