[ITRDBFOR] www.oldestwoodenobjects.net

  • From: Elisabeth Wächter <elisabeth.waechter AT boku.ac.at>
  • To: "itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org" <itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org>
  • Subject: [ITRDBFOR] www.oldestwoodenobjects.net
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 11:36:08 +0200

Dear friends!

We would need your help!

In cooperation with the International Wood Culture Society (http://www.iwcs.com/) and the World Wood Day Foundation (http://www.worldwoodday.org/) we are running a project to collect data of the oldest wooden objects around the globe. We have set up a web-page and data base, which can be used by everybody (for talks, teaching, etc.) – as soon data are available:

http://www.oldestwoodenobjects.net/

We would kindly ask you to add your data of the oldest wooden objects you are aware of, for different categories and regions. The idea is to highlight the cultural importance of wood – so please type in just historical and archaeological goods (no subfossil findings). It should not be a collection of all objects you have dated. But it would be interesting to bring in the data of the oldest wooden objects of your region. Please follow the structure of the template and fill in all marked (*) boxes and end with clicking on “submit”. We hope that the structure of the data entry form is meaningful for you and possible to understand.

We would be happy if you can add the data available in your lab!!!

And you are warmly welcome to use the data in future. If you have any questions or problems, please send an email to me: michael.grabner AT boku.ac.at

Many thanks and best greetings,
Michael Grabner and Team

Michael Grabner
Universität für Bodenkultur Wien
Institut für Holztechnologie und Nachwachsende Rohstoffe
UFT Tulln
Konrad Lorenz Straße 24
3430 Tulln

michael.grabner AT boku.ac.at