[ITRDBFOR] micro-core samples surviving in H20 for 24 hrs?

  • From: Bethany Coulthard <coulthard.bethany AT gmail.com>
  • To: itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org
  • Subject: [ITRDBFOR] micro-core samples surviving in H20 for 24 hrs?
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 11:36:23 -0700

Hello dendros -

Does anyone have experience shipping micro-core samples over an international border? We have a controlled import permit for the wood samples themselves, but they are stored in 50% ethanol, a controlled substance that cannot go aboard a flight. We are thinking of replacing the ethanol solution with distilled H20 for the 24 hr (max) period of travel. Does anyone know whether micro-cores may remain viable in water for this period of time, or have another suggestion?

Thank you for any tips!

Bethany Coulthard

--
Bethany Coulthard
Postdoctoral Research Associate

  • [ITRDBFOR] micro-core samples surviving in H20 for 24 hrs?, Bethany Coulthard, 08/09/2017