[ITRDBFOR] AGU session: Past atmospheric variability inferred from paleoclimate proxies

  • From: "Trouet, Valerie M - (trouet)" <trouet AT email.arizona.edu>
  • To: "itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org" <itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org>
  • Subject: [ITRDBFOR] AGU session: Past atmospheric variability inferred from paleoclimate proxies
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 13:24:08 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Dear colleagues,

(apologies for cross-posting)

The deadline to submit your abstract to the AGU Fall Meeting 2017 (New Orleans, 11-15 December) is coming (Aug 2) and we have fresh news!

We are pleased to announce that Dr. Lisa M. Baldini (https://www.dur.ac.uk/research/directory/staff/?mode=staff&id=5379) and Dr. Allegra N. LeGrande (https://science.gsfc.nasa.gov/sed/bio/allegra.n.legrande) have agreed to be invited authors for the Past atmospheric variability inferred from paleoclimate proxies session

Please, consider submitting your work to this session convened by convened by Laia Comas Bru (
laia.comasbru AT ucd.ie), Armand Hernández  (ahhernandez AT fc.ul.pt), Valerie Trouet (trouet AT ltrr.arizona.edu) and Erika K Wise (ekwise@email.unc.edu). We are keen to include quality tree-ring talks.

Climate signals recorded in natural archives are controlled by a combination of local, regional and global climatic forcings. Disentangling these different controls is crucial to assess the ability of specific proxy data to capture the evolution of large-scale modes of climate variability. In addition, issues such as spatio-temporal discrepancies between palaeoclimate proxies, and how their climatic interpretations can be reconciled, remain unclear. A multi-proxy approach and/or data-model comparison studies can elucidate the mechanisms controlling the proxy-based climate signals, allowing for a proper interpretation of how these proxies may reflect past climate and atmospheric changes.We welcome studies of past large-scale atmospheric and climate patterns during the last few millennia, over a range of timescales, captured by any climate proxy type (marine and/or terrestrial). We encourage contributions that integrate both climate modelling and field/proxy data as a way to foster model-data comparison.

Contributions should be submitted at the 2017 AGU website:
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm17/preliminaryview.cgi/Session23016

Deadline: All abstract submissions must be
 received by 2 August 2017.

We would be grateful if you could bring this notice to the attention of your colleagues.

We are looking forward meeting you in December in New Orleans!

Best Regards,
Laia Comas Bru, Armand Hernández, Valerie Trouet and Erika K Wise

  • [ITRDBFOR] AGU session: Past atmospheric variability inferred from paleoclimate proxies, Trouet, Valerie M - (trouet), 07/25/2017