[ITRDBFOR] AGU Fall Meeting session: 'Climate of the Common Era'

  • From: "Anchukaitis, Kevin J - (kanchukaitis)" <kanchukaitis AT email.arizona.edu>
  • To: ITRDB Forum <itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org>
  • Subject: [ITRDBFOR] AGU Fall Meeting session: 'Climate of the Common Era'
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 23:16:32 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Dear tree-ring colleagues,

Once again this year, we’ll be convening the 'Climate of the Common Era'
session at the American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting, this year in
New Orleans.

In addition to welcoming a wide range of papers on climate reconstructions,
proxy system modeling, and paleoclimate modeling, this year we are especially
encouraging abstracts on extreme events in the paleoclimate record. This
would include the impacts of volcanic eruptions, droughts, floods, storms,
fire, geomorphic events, and other areas of research in dendrochronology.

The details are below and the abstract deadline is August 2nd - we hope
you’ll join us in New Orleans!

PP009: Climate of the Common Era
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm17/preliminaryview.cgi/Session23559
Conveners: Jason E Smerdon, Kevin J Anchukaitis, Kim M Cobb, Edward R Cook

This session highlights recent work on all aspects of the climate of the last
2000 years (the Common Era), using new proxy records, data syntheses,
reconstruction methodologies, proxy system modeling, and paleoclimate model
simulations. Contributions that combine several of the above areas or that
focus on developing improved quantitative estimates of uncertainty are
particularly welcome. The session will focus on improving our understanding
of past climate extremes and their associated atmosphere-ocean dynamics
during the Common Era. New means of observing and reconstructing extreme
events, as well as model-data comparisons over the Common Era that seek to
understand their frequency and magnitude in response to internal variability
and radiative forcing are encouraged.

AGU 2017 Abstract submission:
https://fallmeeting.agu.org/2017/abstract-submissions/

cheers,
Kevin, on behalf of Kim, Jason, and Ed

--
Kevin J Anchukaitis
Associate Professor

  • [ITRDBFOR] AGU Fall Meeting session: 'Climate of the Common Era', Anchukaitis, Kevin J - (kanchukaitis), 07/19/2017