[ITRDBFOR] [AGU2017 Session] - Integrating Data and Models in Paleoclimatology and Paleoecology: Current Approaches, Emerging Challenges, and Next Steps

  • From: Simon Goring <goring AT wisc.edu>
  • To: itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org
  • Subject: [ITRDBFOR] [AGU2017 Session] - Integrating Data and Models in Paleoclimatology and Paleoecology: Current Approaches, Emerging Challenges, and Next Steps
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 14:17:26 -0500
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

Hello all, we thought that some of the members of ITRBDFOR would be interested in our session at this year's AGU in New Orleans.

Integrating Data and Models in Paleoclimatology and Paleoecology: Current Approaches, Emerging Challenges, and Next Steps

https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm17/preliminaryview.cgi/Session26532

This session will address three central themes

* (1) new or emerging methods to improve inference from paleo-proxy data

* (2) techniques for informing Earth system models using paleo-data

* (3) case studies where paleo-data has been used to inform predictions of future change.

If you have a talk or poster you'd like to include in this session please submit your abstract, or talk to us. We are particularly interested in early career researchers, and people involved in interdisciplinary research.

Thanks

Simon Goring

For:
Andria Dawson, University of Arizona, Geosciences, Tucson, AZ, United States; Mount Royal University, Calgary, AB, Canada
Conveners:
Simon J Goring, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, United States,
Jessica E Tierney, University of Arizona, Geosciences, Tucson, AZ, United States
John W Williams, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, United States

  • [ITRDBFOR] [AGU2017 Session] - Integrating Data and Models in Paleoclimatology and Paleoecology: Current Approaches, Emerging Challenges, and Next Steps, Simon Goring, 07/14/2017