[ITRDBFOR] Message for Tellervo users

  • From: Peter Brewer <peter AT waleshideaway.co.uk>
  • To: "itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org" <itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org>
  • Subject: [ITRDBFOR] Message for Tellervo users
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2017 17:35:29 -0700

This is a message for anybody out there who runs their own Tellervo server.

I was made aware of an issue yesterday that causes an error when attempting to load data, that results in the error message "Server closed the connection unexpectedly..."

The root of the problem is a bug in Java that has come to light following a security update to Linux. For obvious reasons the Virtualbox Tellervo server that I distribute from tellervo.org is configured to automatically apply security updates so you're likely to notice the problem the next time you restart your server.

Thanks to the open source community we have a temporary work-around until a proper update for Java is available. If you're facing this issue please email me directly and I'll help get you sorted.

Best wishes

Peter

  • [ITRDBFOR] Message for Tellervo users, Peter Brewer, 06/24/2017