[ITRDBFOR] Your favorite chainsaw

  • From: "Huckaby, Laurie S -FS" <lhuckaby AT fs.fed.us>
  • To: "itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org" <itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org>
  • Subject: [ITRDBFOR] Your favorite chainsaw
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 19:13:57 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

Howdy, Forumites.

                I’m in the market for a new chainsaw and I’d love to hear you opinions on what you think are the best saws for cutting sections from dead wood, primarily pine, both fire-scarred and beetle-killed. How much power do you need? And what is the most power for the lightest weight—something an aging researcher with bad knees can carry into the woods? The Forest Service is concerned about the tendency of Stihl saws to have fuel geysers and I know some have been recalled, but I’ve had Stihls in the past and had no problems. Please send your recommendations! Thanks in advance, Laurie

  • [ITRDBFOR] Your favorite chainsaw, Huckaby, Laurie S -FS, 05/10/2017