Re: [ITRDBFOR] Mounted cores when cell alignment is wrong

  • From: Peter Brown <pmb AT rmtrr.org>
  • To: itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org
  • Subject: Re: [ITRDBFOR] Mounted cores when cell alignment is wrong
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 14:47:03 -0700

Be sure to wrap the cores and mounts in string before soaking; that way the cores won't float away from their IDs. I use a tall graduated cylinder filled to the top with a cap on, soak 24 hrs, unwrap the string and then will likely still need to pry out the cores very gently. Put on newspaper for a day or two and then remount.

I get cores all the time, small projects; I insist that they send cores to me in straws because it is amazing how many non-dendro people have no clue how cores should be mounted.

Peter