[ITRDBFOR] Mounted cores when cell alignment is wrong

  • From: Andy Bunn <Andy.Bunn AT wwu.edu>
  • To: "itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org" <itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org>
  • Subject: [ITRDBFOR] Mounted cores when cell alignment is wrong
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 21:23:25 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

A colleague of mine just got a box of cores in the mail from a collaborator where about half the samples are mounted incorrectly — the cell alignment is wrong.  They were mounted with Elmer's white wood glue which I think is water soluble. I vaguely remember that a soak will loosen the glue and he can remount them the right way. Any tips out there I can give him?

Many thanks,

Andy