[ITRDBFOR] Final Call for Dendro Papers at AAG

  • From: "Grissino-Mayer, Henri D" <grissino AT utk.edu>
  • To: "itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org" <itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org>
  • Subject: [ITRDBFOR] Final Call for Dendro Papers at AAG
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 18:40:25 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

FINAL Call for Papers (apology for cross-listing)
Dendrochronology Sessions at the Association of American Geographers (AAG)
Annual Meeting, Tampa Bay, Florida (April 8-12th, 2014)

This the FINAL call for tree-ring papers and posters to be presented at AAG.
We plan to organize 4-6 paper sessions (including 1 invited session) and a
dendro poster session. This year we are encouraging an engaging poster
session for researchers at all levels. However, we will try to accommodate
those with a preference for the paper sessions.

Likely sessions will include:
Frontiers in Dendrochronology (invited sessions)
Dendroecology
Dendroclimatology
Dendro-disturbance
Dendrochronological Applications

Sessions are sponsored by the Biogeography, Paleoenvironmental Change, and
Climate Specialty Groups. We continue to encourage researchers to present in
other themed sessions that suit your research, but hope we can attract many
tree-ring scientists to attend these organized sessions (both paper and
poster) to provide interaction and exchange of ideas and possible future
collaborations.

If you are interested in participating in these organized sessions, please
contact Stockton Maxwell
(rmaxwell2 AT radford.edu)
or Henri Grissino-Mayer
(grissino AT utk.edu)
with a working title and subdisciplinary category. Abstracts should be
submitted online to the AAG. Once you have registered, the AAG PIN number you
are given must be e-mailed to Stockton Maxwell
(rmaxwell2 AT radford.edu)
by November 29th (complying with this deadline will give us time to finalize
the sessions by the formal December 3rd submission deadline for the AAG).

AAG Call for Papers and Posters guidelines:
http://www.aag.org/cs/annualmeeting/call_for_papers/abstract_guidelines
http://www.aag.org/cs/annualmeeting/call_for_papers/poster_presentation

Thank you,
Stockton and Henri

Henri D. Grissino-Mayer
Department of Geography
1000 Phillip Fulmer Way
University of Tennessee
Knoxville, Tennessee 37996
865.974.6029
grissino AT utk.edu
http://web.utk.edu/~grissino

  • [ITRDBFOR] Final Call for Dendro Papers at AAG, Grissino-Mayer, Henri D, 11/18/2013