Re: [ITRDBFOR] recommendation for scanner A3 ???

  • From: Peter Groenendijk <peter.groenendijk AT wur.nl>
  • Cc: itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org
  • Subject: Re: [ITRDBFOR] recommendation for scanner A3 ???
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 10:20:14 +0100

Dear all,

The largest scanner offered by Windendro is in fact the Epson _expression_ 10000XL, with the difference that it comes with a callibration file per scanner. That is, each individual scanner is measured and callibrated so the output is (always) the same.
Longer cores can be dealt with by the scanner AND Windendro by post-scanning stitching of the images.
We've worked with large composed images of three to four directions scanned from large discs. For the sake of our (Windows-run) computers, we tried keeping individual images smaller than 1 GB (1000MB) and sometimes worked with two images per disc (each image with 2 radii). Although WinDendro is not user as friendly as, let's say, an iPhone, it handles the job quite well.

Regards,

Peter

PhD candidate
Forest Ecology and Forest Management Group
Wageningen University - The Netherlands
Project:
http://tinyurl.com/bpxkfxw
+31 317486221