[ITRDBFOR] Ailanthus and Cinnamomum chronologies

  • From: Knüsel Simon <knuesesi AT student.ethz.ch>
  • To: "itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org" <itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org>
  • Subject: [ITRDBFOR] Ailanthus and Cinnamomum chronologies
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 06:49:52 +0000
  • Accept-language: de-CH, en-US

Dear all,

I am currently writing my master thesis on invasive tree species in southern
Switzerland. The main goals will be to compare growth rates and climate
sensitivity between the invasive tree species, Ailanthus altissima and
Cinnamomum glanduliferum, and their native competitors (Castanea sativa and
Tilia cordata).

Therefore, I am interested whether someone has already developed a chronology
of one of the analyzed invasive tree species (Ailanthus altissima (Tree of
heaven) and Cinnamomum glanduliferum (False Camphor Tree)) .
If you already developed a chronology or if you have additional information
to one of the two tree species, please contact me directly:
simon.knuesel(at)wsl.ch<http://wsl.ch>

Thanks in advance and best regards
Simon

Simon Knüsel
Master student in Environmental Sciences
Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research WSL
Zürcherstrasse 111
CH-8903 Birmensdorf
simon.knuesel(at)wsl.ch<http://wsl.ch>

  • [ITRDBFOR] Ailanthus and Cinnamomum chronologies, Knüsel Simon, 11/18/2013