Re: [ITRDBFOR] recommendation for scanner A3 ???

  • From: Daniel Patón <d.paton.d AT gmail.com>
  • To: itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org
  • Subject: Re: [ITRDBFOR] recommendation for scanner A3 ???
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 13:57:29 +0100

Dear all,

In any case the most important parameter for a scanner is the Optical Density
(Dmax) (http://www.pixmonix.com/tutorials/tutorial-scanner-dmax.php) that is
the maximum density that you can obtain from an imagesize. This is not
exactly the same that resolution because you can be a high resolution (number
of pixels) but with low precision (Dmax). In short, the most important
feature for a scanner is the definition of the image. Another relevant
characteristics is that scanner have a flat design because the cores can be
scanned equally in all the lenght. In my modest opinion is not too much
important that the scanner must be A3. Obviously a A3 scanner permit a more
confortable work.

Considerations about operating system can be very important if you work to
high resolution with big images (over 40 MB). I love UNIX is incredible fast
and powerful ;-)

Regards

--
Daniel Patón Domínguez