[ITRDBFOR] Lectureship available at St Andrews Department of Geography and Sustainable, School of Geography and Geosciences

  • From: Robert Wilson <rjsw AT st-andrews.ac.uk>
  • To: "itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org" <itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org>
  • Subject: [ITRDBFOR] Lectureship available at St Andrews Department of Geography and Sustainable, School of Geography and Geosciences
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 14:14:25 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US

Dear All,
I would like to draw your attention to a lectureship position being advertised in my School's sister Department of Geography and Sustainable Development.

It would be great to get another dendrochronologist here at St Andrews.

regards
Rob

--------------------------------

Position details here: http://www.qra.org.uk/mail_attachments/files/112/PG_ES_Advert.pdf

Lectureship in Physical Geography (Environmental Change)

Reference ME1480R

Department of Geography & Sustainable Development, School of Geography and Geosciences,

University of St Andrews, FIFE KY16 9AL, Scotland, UK.

Salary: £37,382 - £45,941 per annum. Start Date: As soon as possible.

Details:

As part of a continuing programme of expansion in Environmental Geography, we invite applications for a Lectureship in Physical Geography with a focus on environmental change.

The successful applicant will have a PhD in Geography or a cognate discipline, a portfolio of innovative research and publication, and a track record  of  funding  success.  You  will  play  a  role  in  the  continuing development of our Environmental Change Research Group, the delivery of undergraduate teaching in Physical and Environmental Geography, and postgraduate research supervision.

No restriction is placed on area of expertise, but preference may be given to candidates with an outstanding science-based research record in the areas of Holocene/Anthropocene environmental change, the impacts of environmental change on human societies, or Quaternary palaeoenvironmental reconstruction. Research interests cognate to those of existin staf i th Department   of   Geograph an Sustainable Development will be considered an advantage.

Informal enquiries should be made to Professor Colin Ballantyne (ckb@st- andrews.ac.uk) or Dr William Austin (wena AT st-andrews.ac.uk).

Closing Date: 25 November 2013

Please quote ref:  ME1480R

--------------------

Dr. Rob Wilson

Senior Lecturer in Earth and Environmental Sciences

School of Geography & Geosciences

University of St Andrews

St Andrews. FIFE

KY16 9AL

Scotland. U.K.

Tel: +44 01334 463914

Fax: +44 01334 463949

http://earthsci.st-andrews.ac.uk/profile_rjsw.aspx

".....I have wondered about trees.

They are sensitive to light, to moisture, to wind, to pressure.

Sensitivity implies sensation. Might a man feel into the soul of a tree

for these sensations? If a tree were capable of awareness, this faculty

might prove useful. "

"The Miracle Workers" by Jack Vance

  • [ITRDBFOR] Lectureship available at St Andrews Department of Geography and Sustainable, School of Geography and Geosciences, Robert Wilson, 11/14/2013