[ITRDBFOR] Reminder: Dendro at AAG

  • From: Stockton Maxwell <stockton.maxwell AT gmail.com>
  • To: itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org
  • Subject: [ITRDBFOR] Reminder: Dendro at AAG
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 08:59:24 -0500

Call for Papers (apology for cross-listing)

Dendrochronology Sessions at the Association of American Geographers (AAG)

Annual Meeting, Tampa Bay, Florida (April 8-12th, 2014)

Hi All,

This is a call for tree-ring papers and posters to be presented at AAG. We plan to organize 4-6 paper sessions (including an invited session) and a dendro poster session. This year we are encouraging an engaging poster session for researchers at all levels. However, we will try to accommodate those with a preference for the paper sessions.

Likely sessions will include:

Frontiers in Dendrochronology (invited session)

Dendroecology

Dendroclimatology

Dendro-disturbance

Dendrochronological Applications

NADEF projects

Sessions are sponsored by the Biogeography, Paleoenvironmental Change, and Climate Specialty Groups. We continue to encourage researchers to present in other themed sessions that suit your research, but hope we can attract many tree-ring scientists to attend these organized sessions (both paper and poster) to provide interaction and exchange of ideas and possible future collaborations.

If you are interested in participating in these organized sessions, please contact Stockton Maxwell (rmaxwell2 AT radford.edu) or Henri Grissino-Mayer (grissino AT utk.edu) with a working title and subdisciplinary category. Abstracts should be submitted online to the AAG. Once you have registered, the AAG PIN number you are given must be e-mailed to Stockton Maxwell (rmaxwell2 AT radford.edu) by November 19th (complying with this deadline will give us time to finalize the sessions by the formal December 3rd submission deadline for the AAG).

AAG Call for Papers and Posters guidelines:

http://www.aag.org/cs/annualmeeting/call_for_papers/abstract_guidelines

http://www.aag.org/cs/annualmeeting/call_for_papers/poster_presentation

Thank you,

Stockton and Henri

--
R. Stockton Maxwell, PhD
Assistant Professor of Geospatial Science

  • [ITRDBFOR] Reminder: Dendro at AAG, Stockton Maxwell, 11/14/2013