[ITRDBFOR] New Chair of the ITRDB

  • From: Connie Woodhouse <conniew1 AT email.arizona.edu>
  • To: itrdbfor AT itrdbfor.org
  • Subject: [ITRDBFOR] New Chair of the ITRDB
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 14:08:43 -0700

Hi all,

I'd like to announce the new Chair of the ITRDB Advisory Board, Peter Brewer of the Laboratory of Tree-Ring Research at the University of Arizona.

Given Peter's involvement with the international dendro community to develop a tree-ring data standard (TRiDas) as well as his service to the community in the form of software development (i.e., Tellevo, TRiCYCLE), I could think of no one better qualified to take on the Chairship. The current advisory board members have warmly endorsed my nomination of Peter.

In addition, board members Ed Cook, Henri Grissino-Mayer, Jonathan Palmer, Dave Stahle, and Keith Briffa have graciously agreed to stay on the board.

We thank Fritz Schweingruber, Tom Levanic, and Ricardo Villalba for their time on the board, and welcome Ulf Buentgen, Esther Jansma, and Eugenia Ferrero to take their places.

best regards,

Connie Woodhouse
Past Chair, ITRDB

--